Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Seven Days and Counting

Today is the 23rd of August, meaning that in seven short days I will be aboard a transatlantic flight headed for Brussels, Belgium for a year of studying and life-changing gallivanting. Cameras have been purchased, visas have been acquired, and roommates have been assigned, meaning that a mere 168 hours and 3,669 miles and a few tear-filled goodbyes are all that stand between me and my next great adventure.

Wow. Belgium sure seemed a much longer way off when I signed up for the program. Still deep in spring semester studies and a good way off from summer vacation, I never thought it would be here this soon. But, onward and upward! I'm sure I'll be back spending Christmas with family and friends here in America in an equally astounding flash. The craziest part of it all, is that upon my final return from Belgium in July 2011 I'll be just a couple months away from my senior year at Loyola University!

I think I need to take a step back on that one. I'll have to tackle a year in Belgium and the Low Countries before I get to the last twenty-five percent of my undergraduate career in good old Baltimore.

Anyway, the reason I've set up this blog is to keep you all informed about my life and experience while I'm away. I'll be in Belgium continuing to study for my degree in English while attempting to take on some courses in Theology and Philosophy to assess the ease of a double minor. Meanwhile trips to Italy, France, the Netherlands, England and plenty of other European hot spots will surely keep me busy outside of the classroom.

Well, until I see all of your bright and smiling faces again, I hope that you stay safe, work hard, and enjoy life. Keep me in your prayers because you will be in mine.

Justin R. Roem
jrroem@loyola.edu

Justin Roem
Loyola International Nachbahr Huis
Schapenstraat 80/18
B-3000 Leuven
Belgium

1 comment:

  1. I'm diggin the bg image.

    Check it out: http://www.fooducate.com/blog/2010/07/21/my-oh-my-theres-a-warning-on-that-food-dye/

    ReplyDelete